Monday, August 4, 2014

The valley

A lot can change in a short period of time.  A lot.  You would think I would realize that since my life changed so quickly and abruptly.  But, when grief has completely consumed you for so long, it is really hard to believe that it is ever going to change.  But you know what, it can.  A week ago was 10 months Mike has been gone.  I woke up and there were no tears.  I didn't cry, I wasn't overwhelmed with emotions, I was ok.  That was different.  Even more so than that.... I've been happy.  No particular reason why, nothing has happened, but I've just been happy.  I didn't think I would ever feel that again.  But I have, and it's a great feeling.

I saw this on Joel Osteen's Ministry page on Facebook:

David says in Psalm 23:4, “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...” He didn’t say, “I stay in the valley, I build my house in the valley, I live in the valley.” No, he said in effect, “I’m coming out of the valley.” The valley is temporary.

I'm coming out of the valley, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment