Monday, September 29, 2014

Calm before the Storm

If there was ever a caption for this picture... it would be "The Calm Before the Storm".



September 29th, 2013.  Pretty sure this is around 6am.  We're still a family of 4.  Both babies wake up and want to eat so they get put in our bed.  Mike woke up and fed Madison.  I fed Michael.  As my little guy is still eating, I look over to Madison, going to sleep, holding her daddy's hand.  My whole world is in this picture.  I had NO idea that in about 16 hours my whole world as I knew it would come to a screeching halt.  That my family of 4 was about to become 3.  That the man I vowed to love, honor, and spend the rest of my life with would be leaving me all alone and never coming back.  That my kids were no longer going to have their father.  That THIS would be the VERY LAST time I would wake up in the morning with my husband laying next to me.  I had NO idea what life was about to have in store for me.  NO idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment