Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Hope you all had a day filled with love. Happy Valentine's from my littlest Valentine's! 21 months old and really love their teddy bears.


9 months old, last year, 2014

5 years ago

7 years ago

As I spent some of yesterday thinking about Valentine's days in the past and looking for some pictures, I realized that I think I fell in love with Mike on Valentine's day in 2006. We hadn't been dating all that long. I had school, then work, and he worked for his dad.  I was at his apartment practically every single day so after work I would come home to  him.  Only this time, when I walked in the door there were rose petals sprinkled from the door, to the table, and in to the bathroom.  He made a homemade meal that consisted of grilled chicken, frozen broccoli and cheese, and a salad with homemade croutons (yes... homemade!)  Then, in the bathroom was rose petals and candles around the bathtub and wine.  He knew it had been a rough week and the best way I liked to unwind was soaking in a hot bath.  It wasn't that it was Valentine's day that made the day special and memorable.  It was that he went above and beyond to make me feel special.  He shared an apartment with 2 other guys and he still turned his apartment in to a romantic night for two.  A guy who, when I met him, was making canned Hormel meats for dinner at night ended up making a real meal all on his own (with a few hundred calls to his mom, ha!).  Who knew it was a rough week and centered the night around me and things I liked.  It's been so long, maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's the night I fell in love with him.  Life can change in an instant, some for worse, some for much, much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment