Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I can't say that I've always been much of a celebrator of this day other than to wear a traditional green shirt.  Probably my most favorite pic of Mike and I EVER taken was taken on St. Patrick's Day in 2007.  It was a fun, fun night had by all!


It was also amazing to look at pictures of M&M last year and compare them to this year.  It's so hard to believe how fast they grow, and they're 22 months now! 
 I'm so blessed to be their mom!

{March 2014}


{March 2014}

{March 2015}


{March 2015}

On the flip side, for the past 6 years, this day has been bittersweet.  6 years ago, the week before I was to get married, I got the call that my grandpa lost his battle with cancer.  This was a man that supported me in every situation, encouraged me to fight for what I believe in, to work hard in all circumstances, to love with all of my heart, to go for my hopes and dreams against all odds, and was truly my number one fan.  I miss him terribly.  I wish he was here to see where I am in life, would have been here to meet Michael and Madison, to have been here to help me keep my head up when I lost Mike, and to be here now to help me get through some pretty dark days.  Even more so, I wish he was here to make my Grandma smile and laugh in a way only he could.  I can only hope that I find someone that's at least half the man he was to share mine and M&M's life with.


{my 21st birthday, December 2006}

{college graduation May 2008}

No comments:

Post a Comment