Monday, March 28, 2016

Don't blink

Don't blink. Your entire life can change in a matter of minutes. Literally. One minute you can be kissing your husband goodbye fully expecting to see him shortly and the next you can be sitting in a room that feels like a closed in box, being told your husband is "really sick" and "they're working on him" and they're not letting you see him. And when you do... He's not breathing. 

Today should be our 7th wedding anniversary. I vowed to spend the rest of my life with him.  Instead, I've spent the last 3 wedding anniversaries alone. We had big plans for our future. We dreamt of what was to come. We planned out what we wanted. We had JUST started our family together. Everything was taken from me way too soon. 

I miss Mike. I miss his laugh. His uncanny ability to make me smile through anything. Having him to lay with me at night. To hold my hand in the store. Feeling like I always had someone on my side. I miss his smile and hearing his voice. Watching stupid sci-fi shows as I fell asleep and he fought insomnia. His ability to always get the best and most memorable gifts. Going on dates. Trying new things. Most of all, I just miss being able to spend time with him. I lost a part of me the day I lost him.


Happy 7th wedding anniversary, Mike.  I miss you and wish you were here to celebrate. I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment