Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving! 


No one tells you that no matter how long it's been, how well you are doing, no matter what changes in your life, holidays are still hard. It's our 2nd Thanksgiving without Mike and everything is so different from what it once was.  We spent 7 Thanksgivings together.  We spent them in Katy, Huntsville, Humble, and Austin. This Thanksgiving I'm a little more thankful than angry like I was last year. I'm thankful for my amazing friends and family, the people that have loved us, supported us, and carries us through the last year.  I'm thankful for our health and home. I'm thankful for my amazing kids. THEY are the reason I survived this year. They gave me something to fight for when I felt like I had nothing left to give. 


Be thankful today. And when you're arguing over a burnt turkey, a pie that was a flop, or the chairs you need out of storage, just remember to be thankful that you're spending it with the ones you love.  Be thankful they're there and you don't have to celebrate with them. 


2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2013








No comments:

Post a Comment