Friday, April 18, 2014

1 year ago

So, a year ago, around this time, I was on bed rest since my little prince and princess thought they were going to make an early appearance on March 26th.  I was looking at my old blog and found the letter I wrote to my sweet M&M before they arrived so I thought I would share.  It made me reminiscence a little about the days prior to their arrival.  A lot of the things I wrote then, I still feel now.  Even more funny is the descriptions I gave wondering who they would be like... I described both Madison and Michael to a T and I didn't even know.  The letter said:

Dear Michael and Madison,



This is your mommy.  It’s April 11, 2013, and your daddy and I are so close to meeting you and I can’t stop thinking about it.  We have waited a very, very long time to have you.  For two years we wondered if we would ever have children.   From the moment we found out that God had blessed us with not one, but TWO of you, we have dreamt of meeting you, hearing you say “mommy” and “daddy”, holding you, loving you, and spending our lives taking care of you both.  In a few short weeks (or could even be days!) we will finally get to hold you in our arms.  We want you to know how much we already love you and how excited we are to meeting you both.  We have so many friends and family members that are just as excited for your arrival.  We have been blessed with an overwhelming amount of love and support in anticipation of your arrival.  



You two scared me two weeks ago when I thought you were coming early at 31 weeks.  I was scared something would happen to you, that you would come out and be sick, and scared because I wasn’t prepared for you to come so soon.  In reality, this is the first time you scared me, but I’m sure it won’t be the last.  



I wonder if you will be dare devils, adventurous, and   I would say that makes you like your daddy.  Or maybe you will be more like me- cautious, conservative, and shy.  Or maybe you will be a strong mixture of both your daddy and I.  



I can’t wait to see your daddy hold you.  I’ve watched him hold our friend’s children and your cousins and can’t help but be in awe.  I’m so glad that I will have him by my side as we raise you.  I knew when I married him that he would make the best dad some day.  I’m so thankful he will have that opportunity now.  He will make you laugh like no one else and go out of his way to make sure you aren’t hurt or sad. 



I want the world for you and will do everything in my power to make sure you have it.  I hope you will always strive to be your best but will know it is ok to fail sometimes.  I hope you will always live your life with God in your heart and as your savior.  I hope you will work hard in school, make good grades, and strive for high achievements in your life.  I hope you will always trust your dad and I and will always come to us when something is wrong, you did something wrong, when you are scared, or when you are feeling down, or just when you need to talk.  I hope you always love each other, are always there for each other, and never turn your backs on each other.  



All of that to say I know one thing is for sure.  We will always love you more than life itself; will always be your #1 fan, and will always be your biggest supporter. 



I love you so much already Michael Kaden and Madison Grace and I already know that your birth day is going to be the best day of my entire life and I CANNOT wait to meet you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment