Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cake Smashin'

So, I had this post saved to a draft and never posted it.  Nothing like a month and a half late.  The cuteness was worth the wait, promise!!

Michael and Madison definitely got their father's sweet tooth.  Mike wanted something sweet pretty much daily so it's no surprise to me that these two love cake.  For starters, my amazing cake was made by Jessica with Not Your Ordinary Cakes.


I almost didn't have a cake. This whole ordeal was so stressful because the original baker I was going to use canceled on me 3 days before the party.  I had already called 5 people before I called this one and none were able to make their cakes.  I had pretty much come to the realization I was going to have to scratch my dreams for an awesome cake and go order one from HEB and that made me SO upset.   I definitely was having a pity party.  And then I called Jessica with Not Your Ordinary Cakes.

She was amazing. She was so nice and so helpful and most importantly was AVAILABLE!!  I sent her some Pinterest links of what I was wanting and my invitations and told her to have at it.  The cake tasted delicious and looked so awesome.  I was worried about giving the kids the smash cakes with fondant on them but they loved it and it dissolved in their mouth.  Not to mention, I hate fondant, but I could have eaten pieces of this fondant all by itself.  It was so, so, so good.  I highly recommend her if you are local and in need of a yummy and awesome looking cake!

And the cakes were definitely Michael and Madison approved:







For kids that had really never had any sugar, they went.to.town!  At the end, Madison literally used the butter cream as lotion.  She kept rubbing it up and down her legs and in between her toes!  I have no idea what she was doing!

I still can't believe my babies are a year old!  Where has this year gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment