Monday, September 7, 2015

Catch up Overload

Did you miss us?? A lot has happened since M&M's birthday and I only have the energy for one post, so be ready for a lot of rambling and a lot of photos!

Just a few weeks after M&M's birthday, we went to the beach with Mike's parents, grandparents, brother, and cousin.  We went to Port Aransas and they rented this gorgeous 5 bedroom beach house. It was easily the most relaxing, stress-free, vacation I've ever been on.  On the other hand, I really missed Mike.  I watched our kids laugh hard, smile endlessly, and just jump in with both feet fearlessly.  Their dad should have been here.  I shouldn't have had to sit on the side of the beach, watching my kids have some of the happiest days of their life, by myself.  It's moments like this that are the hardest and the saddest and the most lonely for me. But, as hard as it was, we got through it and M&M had the absolute best time!

I mean, how GORGEOUS is this place?!

The awesome beach house!  I would share the details, but I don't want anyone stealing it! ;)

The beach is his happy place.  He was fearless.  He smiled continuously.

This is my TWO year old floating in the water.  He just took off like there wasn't a huge ocean waiting to gobble him up.  I love this little boy's brave heart.

She loves the water but not as much as her brother.  The sand, however, she loves to build castles, and loves to destroy them just as much.

I love how these two love ME.  The satisfaction I get from being their mom is amazing to me. 





Our beach house was right next to the pool so the final morning we spent some time swimming.  
This guy is part fish and loves his uncle "Flip"!


The first day, as soon as well strolled up to the beach, this nice lady came over and was like "Hey! Can I show them this shark we caught?!"  Ummmm.... not exactly what you want to hear as you are walking up to the beach! lol  Luckily she shared that they were actually Deep Sea Fishing.

So thankful these two took us along on their trip!

 Michael found his cheesin' face this summer and man this boy is cute!


My sweet girl has found her "mean" face. She has some serious sass about her!

We had some beautiful pictures taken by the incredibly talented Libby of Libby Ann Photography for the Fourth of July!  I so cherish professional pictures!



There was a glorious day where these two took a 3 hour nap!  If that wasn't incredible enough, I went in there, turned on the lights, made noise, called their names, and nothing.  They didn't even move!  



They have learned that they loooove Mexican food.  They definitely take after their daddy and I.





 I learned what 2 year old tantrums are like.  Fortunately, on occasion, I get a tantrum like this from Madison.  She runs away crying, throws herself on the ground, and doesn't move. She turns in to a log.  A SILENT log, which is the best part. lol  My favorite part of this picture is Michael's face.  He is wondering what the heck is going on!! 

M&M went to their first softball game to watch Momma's team play.  Madison tried to scale the fence a time or two.

They went to the Houston Zoo for the very first time. They loved the monkeys/gorillas!


And Madison hugged and kissed a goat.  haha This girl. She loves with her whole soul!


Last not but least, M&M went to their first football game.  It was like deja vu.  At my high school, watching my younger brother play varsity football, with MY children in tow.  Crazy!  I was really concerned about how they were going to do. M&M have a bedtime of 6pm.  The game didn't start until 7:30pm, it was loud, there was band playing, a lot going on with the cheerleaders in front of us, and lots of people screaming, directly behind us. But, in the end, they did fantastic.  They cheered, they were mesmerized, they sat, they watched, it was great.  They made it well in to the 3rd quarter before we went home.  I was so proud of them and I think they had a great time!

Awestruck with the band.  
Proud Momma moment since I ate, breathed, and lived band for so many years!



What you can't see in this picture is Madison is clapping and yelling "Gooooo!" while Michael is yelling "Go BB!" Cutest. Cheerleaders. Ever.

Annnd Crash.  This is about when we decided it was time to go home!


So many fun and new things Michael and Madison have experienced.  I always imagined doing all of these things with my husband.  I never imagined doing everything by myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment